Imagine where talent will take your daughter one day, if she is in the right place today!
As your daughter begins her school journey in Grade R and Junior Primary, it is so important to invest in these years:
- Foundations – We know the early years are the foundation for all learning and character development which follows.
- Individuality – Every individual matters, and through developing personal connections and regular communication, we form a wonderful partnership between parents and teachers.
- 21st Century Environment – Our school facilities have been designed with young girls in mind and there is a specialist team in place to develop the whole child and their individual needs.
- Cognitive Development – The essence of education is to enable children to think for themselves, to be able to read with understanding and nurture a love of learning.
- Thinking Critically – Our approach is to develop problem-solving and thinking skills, which creates a compounding effect in their cognitive development.
In Senior Primarywe focus on equipping our girls to build character and curiosity:
- Dream Big – This allows them to achieve their personal best as they have developed their values and can confidently pursue their dreams.
- Innovation – Technology is important in a holistic education and is part of the rich environment we offer which develops their head, heart and hands.
- Cross-curricular – To make the most of a holistic approach, there are numerous opportunities for cross-curricular work, particularly in our world-class Creativity Centre.
- Forward-looking – We follow the research emerging from leading schools around the globe and adapt our programme each year.
In High School, girls need to have authentic challenges and be inspired in a nurturing, supportive environment. Your daughter will have the opportunity to thrive through:
- Holistic Education – With innovative, experienced teachers.
- Values – Instilling life-long Christian values.
- Character Development – Focusing on her strengths and developing her personal best.
- History – A heritage steeped in success with Old Girls who have inspirational stories and are dynamic role models.
- Track record – Our excellent Matric Results, year on year, are testament to St Mary’s ensuring that each girl will achieve her best results.
- Individuality – Each girl develops as an individual, giving them a sense of self-worth and respect.
The St Mary’s Boarding Houses have a wonderful homely atmosphere where independence and community are fostered.
- Flexibility – The boarding programme from Grade 8 to Matric is flexible with girls being able to stay for four nights of the week, and then returning home for the weekend or staying in to enjoy the weekend programme.
- Weekend programme – This includes excursions, gym classes, cooking and baking, skills classes, prep and games.• Sisterhood – Our boarders often tell us that they have made friends for life whilst in boarding.
- Confident Independence – The transition to university is much easier as a result of boarding.
Join us for our Open Days and meet our wonderful staff and pupils. The mornings start with presentations and include a tour of our beautiful facilities and campus. Come and see what we can offer your daughter; RSVP online: www.stmarysdsg.co.za
- Primary School, Grade R – 7: Friday 3 March, 08h30 – 11h00
- High School, Grade 8 – 11 & Boarding: Saturday 4 March, 08h30 – 11h30
FOR MORE INFO: