Durban’s weather is hot & The Oyster Box is sizzling with an amazing line-up of fashion, Spa and food events, to shoot the lights out this Easter!
IT’S TASTING TIME!
* Take part in a free Tutored Tasting of Bouchard Finlayson wines on Friday 27 March in the Hotel Lobby, from 18:00-19:00, before the Dinner service. Booking for both the tasting and dinner is essential.
* Holiday vibes are on the cards for the Easter Weekend at The Oyster Box. An Easter-themed High Tea will take place daily from 14:30-17:00 from Friday 3 to Sunday 6 Aprilin the Palm Court. The cost of R 320.00 per person, includes a gift for each guest.
CALLING ALL FASHIONISTAS!
* The definitive guide to looking and feeling good! Hosted by East Coast Radio’s Jane Linley Thomas, style-guru and dress designer Carol Clark together with Wendy Hind from Chato Romano, makes this a day to remember with a fashion show and “Style your Life, Style your Wardrobe” Workshop. Relax in the Pearl Room with tea stands served at your table from09:00 – 12:00 on Wednesday 22 April. Prizes for the best dressed lady and exciting lucky draws with a Carol Clark pop-up shop after the show. Tickets are R390 per person.
HOT NEWS FOR FOODIES…DON’T MISS THIS!
* Back by popular demand and celebrating the very best KZN produce and product available the next KZN Food Heroes Dinner takes place on Friday 24 April in the Pearl Room. MEET… the farmers and producers of KZN’s artisinal produce, hear their food stories and walk the KZN Food Heroes journey. Enjoy the five-course plated menu, accompanied by beer from The Nottingham Road Brewing Company. On the Menu: Charcuterie from Midlands Speciality Products; Venison from Zulu Waters Game Reserve; Fresh Strawberries from Cappeny Estate Strawberry Farm; Cheeses from The Gourmet Greek; Flowers from LIV Childrens’ Village; A Gift for each Diner from Peters Gate Herbs. Cost is R550 per person.
The 2015 World Spa & Wellness Awards, which were announced on 22 February at a gala event held in London, saw The Spa at The Oyster Box – triumph in the Hotel Spa of the Year: Africa category. Look out for monthly special offers as well as regualr spa events.
* John van G Make-over Day – Monday 30 March
Join us for a make-over day in conjunction with John van G, the make-up brand used by The Spa at The Oyster Box. One of our qualified John van G make-up artistswill offer a variety of tips and trends to take your look to a new level. The cost of the workshop, which runs from 08:00-17:00, is R350 per person.
* Gorgeous Glow Top to Toe/ Mama Mio Spa Treatment – Wednesday 29 April
Brought to you by Mama Mio, the pregnancy experts, join our team of therapists for a complete top to toe 90-minute Spa experience with a pregnancy facial – deep cleansing, exfoliating & rebalancing – combined with a mind-melting massage. The morning starts at 09:00 and ends at 11:30 and includes a goodie bag, light breakfast and the Spa Snack Buffet. Cost is R995 per person.
CHECK OUT THE EXCITING NEW TALENT & ENTERTAINMENT LINE-UP AT THE OYSTER BOX
The hottest spot in town, The Oyster Box offers live entertainment every day of the week.
– THE LIGHTHOUSE BAR
Open daily for cocktails and snacks, with live music from Wednesday to Friday (18h30 – 21h30), from some of Durban’s top, as well as up and coming musicians. daily for cocktails and snacks, with live music from Wednesday to Friday (18h30 – 21h30), from some of Durban’s top, as well as up & coming musicians.
* SAVE THE DATE – The fabulous acoustic swing Jazz duo, Beat Route, entertains in The Lighthouse Bar from 18:00-22:00 on 31 March and 28 April.
– THE OYSTER BAR
Sit back and enjoy live music each evening (18h30 – 21h30) from Monday to Friday.
* NEW – Local talent Eric Canham joins the line-up in this stylish, laid-back venue. The music of singer/song-writer Canham appeals to both young and older audiences. He is well known for his cover versions of the music of the greats – Jazz, R&B, Rock ’ n Roll.
– THE OCEAN TERRACE
Live music from top local performers, including Wallace Nock & Eric Canham on Saturdays from 12h00 – 15h00 and 12h00 – 15h00 on Sundays. An a la carte menu as well as the Incredible Curry Buffet is served in this casual venue and it’s the perfect spot for breakfast, lunch and sundowners.