Fresh inspiration for fresh air living from Italtile.
Hibernation’s over and it’s time to get out. Wander around the balcony, potter in the garden, stand in the middle of the courtyard, gaze at the patio and pool areas… Spot something missing or getting drab? Be it a patio, or a deck, or a tiled courtyard, we’re picking up that every exterior space is being transformed into an enhanced functioning area, rather than just being a braai spot or a weekend party place for families. Italtile walks you through the latest outdoor trends:
- The Outdoor Kitchen. This space could be as small as a satellite kitchen with an electric or gas grill and a pizza oven. Or it could be The Full Monty, with storage areas, a wine chiller sinks, gas hob, eye-level grill and a refrigerator.
- The Edible Garden. With 5 stars for sustainability, the edible garden is a future-forward idea. Quite apart from looking good, it is fun to plan and rewarding to harvest. It’s also an incredible way to introduce children to spend more time outdoors and learn first-hand how the food they eat arrives on the table.
- The Outdoor Shower. Whether you want a dedicated spot to sluice off after a swim, or a spa-worthy outdoor oasis that rivals your indoor bathroom sanctuary, there are so many inspirational looks. We’ve seen awkward alleyways repurposed into romantic, boho-chic, under-the-stars shower spaces, with pretty patchwork underfoot. Add a few string lights and water-loving pot plants to complete the look.
- Spiritual Spaces. We’re seeing the rise of garden sanctuaries for yoga. We’re also loving the emergence of the garden labyrinth – a circular path which is walked in meditation, till you get to the ‘centre’ of yourself. How beautiful is that?
- Outdoor Technology. We’re high-fiving the weatherproof tech that’s enabling all our indoor conveniences to go outside, including outdoor music systems and outdoor TV. Pretty smart.
- The Swimming Pond. Around the world, swimming pools are going back to nature as we city slickers learn better ways to live sustainably. Not everyone’s ready to go full wetland yet, but if you’re looking to dip an eco-chic toe into a more sustainable pool, take a look at our enormous range of Pool Mosaics. No matter what colour you choose, it’ll be green.
- The Blissed Out Balcony. Think apartment terraces and balconies, complete with mini hanging gardens and herb patches, outdoor lights, lanterns, a mirror to open the space and cute-as-a-button bistro furniture. Even a tiny WFH desk situation. The benefits are many – privacy, height, amazing vistas across the burbs, a sense of space, and all the natural light and vitamin D.
- Indoor-Outdoor Flow. This is a trend we’ve been behind for quite some time: choosing the same style of tile to flow from the interior to the outdoor area.
Getting out is an adventure, and we’re here to ensure you enjoy every minute of the journey, with no fear or remorse. Chat to us about your choices online, or speak to our design-certified sales consultants instore.
FOR MORE INFO: www.italtile.co.za