7 reasons Cyprus is tops
Owning an offshore property to realise a Plan B is a dream many South Africans would love to achieve. Europe remains the preferred geographic location for the majority of investors – as it’s not only the world’s largest trading block, but the real estate opportunities here are enticing.
However the choice of where to invest can be intimidating, and the financial, legal and tax implications, coupled with language and cultural difficulties, sometimes creates a barrier to entry.
Cyprus, an English-speaking, ex-British colony and full EU member, is an extremely popular destination in Europe.
With an erratic health system, huge social problems and the spiralling cost of living in South Africa, more and more families are looking for an alternative – and Cyprus has come out tops.
Here are 7 reasons why South Africans are buying property in Cyprus:
- Owning a property in Cyprus – the third largest island in The Med – means you really are living the Mediterranean dream.
- You can acquire permanent residency by buying property, without having to live in the country.
- Properties in Cyprus offer excellent value for money when compared to other European countries – especially homes right on or near to The Med.
- Cyprus’ positive property growth, and for long and short-term tenants, offers a very attractive investment for the short, medium and long term.
- Cyprus is a very popular tourist destination, so owning an investment property will reap an attractive offshore income.
- Cyprus has been voted one of the safest countries in the world, so your personal safety and property investment is assured.
- The discovery and imminent exploration of natural gas is already having a positive impact on foreign investment and infrastructural development. Billions of Euros are already pouring into the economy.
It’s easy to fall in love with Cyprus, especially with the first world lifestyle aspects available. But it’s the excellent quality of life that is driving investors in their droves to seriously consider Cyprus as their new home.
Making the investment or moving across to Cyprus is simpler than you think; Cypriot Realty has an impressive 13-year track record of assisting many South Africans in exploring what Cyprus has to offer. Contact us for a confidential meeting to discuss how we can help you realise your and your family’s Plan B in Europe.
FOR MORE INFO:
- Jenny Ellinas, Founder & CEO: 083 448 8734