Consistency is crucial in social media marketing; you need to find your voice and stick to it, writes Craig Brigg.
One of the key drivers to success in most activities in life, sport and business is consistency. And consistency is key in social media marketing too.
If you want your audience to recognise your brand, you need to be consistent. There’s no doubt in the fact that consistency drives growth in audience numbers, engagement, and in turn, sales.
So, what does it mean to have a consistent voice? Your social media tone is all about understanding who you want to speak to and finding the identity of your audience. Choose a voice that your selected audience will understand, so that when you use “your tone” consistently, your audience will understand that you’re speaking to them. This brand recognition is required to build a loyal following.
Always aim to communicate in a manner that stays true to your brand. Think about your mission, vision, and values when choosing your voice. The content of your postings can help ensure there is balance and consistency to market your business well on social media.
Ensure your content is consistent, and ensure that what you share is relevant to your audience and their lives. Be real, and create content that evokes emotion. By eliciting a response with consistent content you will draw your audience in, and they will engage with your message, your story and your information. And don’t forget to always be consistent in your choice of trustworthy information. If your content is trustworthy, so is your business, and in turn, so are you.
Try to maintain a balance of the content you post and ensure you’re not posting too much of one type of content, and too little of another. For example, as an estate agent don’t only post your property listings, but also offer tips and advice on selling your home – or even about finding a good agent. Creating a posting schedule over six to eight weeks in advance helps to ensure your consistent content is well balanced.
Many businesses make the mistake of posting content that is too long, disjointed and messy, leaving their content unappealing. Focus on consistent aesthetics with appealing visuals, colour schemes, brand identity and fonts. If your brand identity is cohesive and consistent, your audience will recognise the brand and engage accordingly.
5 Pro Tips for Maintaining the Consistency of your Brand
1. Understand the key differences between frequency and consistency. Frequency is specifically the number of posts you share on your social platforms, and consistency is the type of messages you are offering to your audience.
2. Be mindful of setting yourself rigid content goals that meet with your strategy and the clear message guidelines that have been established.
3. Planning is essential to maintaining your consistency, because it allows you time for thought and applying good content ideas to your platforms.
4. Do not wake each day and think “what shall I post today”. Set aside a day or even a few hours and create your content for the coming weeks. This aids in the balance of your messaging.
5. Make life easier for yourself, and use scheduling tools so that you can focus on other key elements of your marketing.
If you would like to learn more about how to improve the performance of your digital media and build a social media following, please feel free to contact Craig Brigg of UHI MEDIA GROUP on 079 505 3170 or email@example.com