Fancy something delicious to go with your afternoon cup of tea or coffee? Try these moreish cookies from Manolis Munchies and C&C Catering – you won’t regret it!
Browned Butter Pecan Choc Chip Cookies
Makes 40 cookies
- 200g Manolis pecans, chopped roughly
- 200g Manolis choc chips
- 250g salted butter
- 3/4 cup Manolis castor sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Manolis cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- Melt butter in large frying pan over medium heat. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes, add chopped pecans and simmer for 2 more minutes. Pour into bowl and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix sugars, cinnamon and butter mixture. Mix in vanilla and egg. Sift in flour and bicarbonate soda. Mix well. Stir in choc chips. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll tablespoon size balls of dough and place on prepared trays, about 5cm apart. Bake for about 17 minutes and allow to cool on trays.