3 Quad bike tours to explore – support local while you have fun!
Flanked by ocean, river, lagoon and 750 hectares of lush indigenous bush, Wild Coast Sun is situated on one of the most unspoilt beaches in southern Africa and has been a family holiday destination for more than 40 years.
Besides the obvious ocean and river activities, there are an abundance of land activities to do, and exploring the great wildness on a quad bike is a definite must.
You can opt for one of three tours, all with their own picturesque scenery.
Extreme Quad takes you up to lookout point to cast your eyes over the shimmering ocean from up high.
The Express Tour is not to be misinterpreted for a short tour, rather that there are times when you can accelerate to faster speeds. You travel over rocky terrain to the swing Umzamba Bridge where the movie Blood Diamond was made. Climb off your quad bike to cross the 140m-long bridge to a commemorative plaque at the other side. The views from the bridge will take your breath away.
The Full Tour is the longest tour. It is a full scenery tour of Umzamba and the uMhlanga KZN Sharks Board & Conference Centre, also known as the old shark’s board. Quad riders disembark for a 15-minute exploration and can even pop into the small gift shop or enjoy a quick refers hment at the cafe.
The swing Umzamba Bridge on the Express Tour
Whether you have ridden a quad bike before or have zero experience, the tours cater for the proficient as well as beginners. Knowledgeable tour guides provide lessons before you head out. A recommendation, let the faster people go in front of you so you don’t have them riding on your tail and you can enjoy the experience at your own pace.
Segway Guiding Tours is situated at the Wild Waves Water Park at Wild Coast Sun. For quad bike bookings, 24-hours in advance, please contact 083 456 8507 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Tours are weather dependent.
Costs vary according to the type of experience and drivers need to be over 16 years old.
- Extreme Quad: 30 minutes, at R430 per driver and R140 for a passenger, the tour takes you to the lookout point, overlooking the ocean
- Express Tour: 45 minutes, at R285 per person, a route through the wildness to the Umzamba Bridge
- Full Tour: 60 minutes, at R630 per driver and R190 for a passenger, is a full scenic tour of Umzamba and the old shark’s board.
For children younger than 16, who want to take the reins, there is an obstacle course at R150 for five laps.
* Children as young as four can Segway, height dependent.
- Comfortable shoes are a must, no high heels
- Apply sunscreen
- No bulky handbags or accessories which could become entangled with the steering wheel.
Follow Wild Coast Sun for news updates: