Watching your weight and trying to choose healthy options as summer heats up? Here are two favourite dishes to try from The Firm La Lucia Ridge – both easy to whip up and tasty too!
GREMOLATA BAKED HAKE
- ¾ packet (75g) raw almonds
- ½ cup (125ml) parsley
- 2 tbsp (30ml) thyme leaves
- juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp (10ml) olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hake fillets (1kg)
- lemon wedges, for serving
- fresh parsley, for serving
Preheat oven to 180°C. Blitz almonds, parsley, thyme leaves, lemon juice and grated peel, olive oil and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Place hake fillets skin-side down on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Season fish and top with gremolata. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley.
TOMATO SPINACH CRUSTLESS QUICHE
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and freshly ground black to taste
- 125g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 75g baby spinach, wilted
Preheat oven to 160°C. Whisk together eggs and milk in a bowl and season. Stir in tomatoes, cheese and spinach. Pour into a quiche dish with a removable base, or divide equally in a prepared muffin tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes for muffins, or slightly longer in the quiche dish until cooked through. Note: Swop spinach with any other veggies your kids like. You can even add tuna or chicken.
LOSE WEIGHT IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS: Stand a chance to win a one-month contract worth R899! ENTER HERE.
CLOSING DATE: NOVEMBER 4, 2022
FOR MORE INFO:
- 066 583 0831
- FACEBOOK: The Firm La Lucia Ridge